Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hurricane Fundraiser

I donate a lot of jewelry to good causes because I want to help spread the word about these great organizations, and help them raise money to further their efforts.  When I saw the devastation in New Jersey, I was shocked and saddened.  Having gone through tornado's in Missouri and now  and wildfires (and earthquakes) in Nevada...it is sad to see the effects these natural disasters can have on individuals and families.

Erica Bohrer is a teacher that I admire greatly. She has a blog and it's one of the first ones I began watching religiously!!!  She has so many great ideas and is so willing to share her knowledge with others.  Well, she lives in the area hit hardest by Hurricane Sandy so she put together a hurricane unit to raise money for those in her community.  I can't wait to get back to school after my Fall break and teach it to all my Firstie's.  I know they will love it.  Please consider purchasing the unit to help those in New Jersey who need our help.


And while your taking a look at her blog, download these adorable "thankful" certificates to give to your kiddos!  I'm going to fill them out while I'm on break and have them waiting for my student's on their 1st day back.  We all LOVE a little encouragement and who wouldn't love getting one of these???!!!!

        

No comments:

Post a Comment